Whilst we carry most items as back up for you, many of our trips are of at least two weeks in duration and travel to remote areas, consequently you will need to equip yourself for an emergency should you have vehicle trouble.
Firstly from a personal point of view we will need to know of any heath issues that you might have, as well as where your medications are stored in your vehicle. Also, we will want to know if your personal health records are held on www.myhealthrecord.gov.au just in case we need to arrange for medical support for you at any time. This information we will collect from you at Trip Registration time.
A sense of humour and a sense of adventure are also a good thing to bring with you, along with the following:
- A capable four-wheel drive vehicle recently serviced and checked for remote travel.
- Two spare wheels on most trips so check with us.
- Appropriate tyres on all wheels, in excellent condition to avoid failures where possible. Desert trips require tough sidewall tyres to protect against mulga stakes on tracks. Talk to us if unsure.
- Tyre repair plugs
- A ‘Vehicle Jack’ capable of lifting your car on uneven surfaces and a base Plate for sand.
- A spare set of engine/radiator hoses and belts
- A set of basic tools and parts (check with us)
- Sufficient food and drinking water (ideally 5 litres per person/day) for the number of days away. Occasional shopping ‘top up’ opportunities are available on some trips, so check with us.
- 80 Channel UHF radio installed in the vehicle.
- A handheld 80 channel UHF radio for walks and back up
- Off Road Recovery points fixed to the front and rear of vehicle
- Recovery tracks and a ‘snatch strap’ and two ‘rated shackles’
- Camping and cooking equipment, fridge, tent etc
- Front mounted Sand Flag for most trips – check with us