The secret to enjoying any of our trips is to relax and just take it all in your stride. Days will not be frantic even though some days their will be distance to cover to get to the highlights.
Our overall goal is to make sure that you see things that otherwise you might not, go places that otherwise you might not visit, and meet some new friends.
If you are new to four-wheel driving in the outback then don’t worry, we aren’t and we can and will provide you with the support and guidance that you might need all of the time.
We will not compromise your safety or the condition of your vehicle just to get to that special spot. There are always other options that are safe, and we will take these every time.
Our key role and responsibilities include:
- Providing capable, and reliable convoy ‘leaders vehicles’, fully equipped for all trip conditions and the support role.
- Pre-trip surveys (run the trip in its entirety to check campsites, road conditions, any road closures etc. etc). Whilst we run this survey, we do not provide a set itinerary as it will often change but we will provide some information to allow you to understand the general direction and any key locations. In the event that a survey can’t be undertaken our Mapping equipment together with Google Earth will provide us with the information we need, however we prefer to conduct a survey.
- Trip planning and mapping (all of our trips are mapped on OziExplorer software, so that we run to a predetermined route, as well as a Plan B when needed). We retain flexibility to allow for breakdowns, unforeseen circumstances and the like.
- Where possible on the longer trips we will stop for supply replenishing and if possible, look for a shower facility for everyone (i.e., in a Caravan Park or town facility).
- Daily updates of the itinerary for the day so that you know what is ahead and can plan your lunch etc as well as the evening meal.
- Guidance of four wheel driving as required.
- FIRST Aid Support – we cannot treat you as we are not Medics, but we can and will assist and would expect that our adventurers carry a basic first aid kit of their own. We do maintain current First Aid Certificates.
- Assistance for – we are not mechanics, but we will help you where we can.
- Vehicle issues
- Tyre changing
- Emergency communications when needed – we carry a satellite phone at all times for emergencies.
- We also have a ‘back to base’ contact should we need Perth based assistance for anything.
- Experienced back up for the unexpected.
Your responsibilities are simple and logical:
- make sure that you have a capable and dependable 4WD equipped with a UHF radio and rated recovery points. We communicate as a convoy on a set channel that we will advise you of.
- Carry a suitable toolkit and any spares that you might require in an emergency/breakdown
- Arrange for suitable Insurance on your vehicle should you require remote recovery for a breakdown or any other reason.
- Carry your own equipment for sleeping, eating, sitting and cooking
- Follow Convoy Procedure (we will teach you if you are unaware of it)
It doesn’t have to be Extreme to be EPIC